Re: [GENERAL] psql doesn't pass on exported shell environment functions

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: [GENERAL] psql doesn't pass on exported shell environment functions
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] psql doesn't pass on exported shell environment functions
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 7:43 AM, Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> wrote:
David G. Johnston wrote:
>> It works for me on Linux with 9.6.3 psql:
>
> ​Except you haven't recreated the scenario I presented.​
>
> ​You only are involving a single script and that script defines "testfunction" itself
> (which makes exporting pointless).  In my example the script being executed within the
> psql script does not define testfunction itself.
>
> -> == execute in subshell
>
> ​main-script (def func) -> psql -> psql-call-bash (invoke func)

I am confused; my shell script does *not* contain a function definition.

Am I missing something?

​Nope, it was a combination of ERRNOCAFFINE and not seeing a second script.

​I'm using Ubuntu 16.04

I tried your way of not using a "main-script" and got the same result.

I can see the exported environment variable TEST_ENVVAR in the "env" output of the psql \! subshell.  "declare -Fx" shows no results.

I replaced "/usr/bin/env bash" with "/bin/bash" to no effect.

David J.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] psql doesn't pass on exported shell environment functions
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] psql doesn't pass on exported shell environment functions