Re: [GENERAL] psql doesn't pass on exported shell environment functions

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: [GENERAL] psql doesn't pass on exported shell environment functions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 3:59 AM, Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> wrote:
David G. Johnston wrote:
> In hindsight I'm not surprised but couldn't find a ready explanation on the web and
> figured I'd inquire here.  In short: "export VAR" and "export -f functionname" behave
> differently when psql is acting as a relay.

It works for me on Linux with 9.6.3 psql:

​Except you haven't recreated the scenario I presented.​

​You only are involving a single script and that script defines "testfunction" itself (which makes exporting pointless).  In my example the script being executed within the psql script does not define testfunction itself.

-> == execute in subshell

​main-script (def func) -> psql -> psql-call-bash (invoke func)

David J.