Re: [GENERAL] psql doesn't pass on exported shell environmentfunctions

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: [GENERAL] psql doesn't pass on exported shell environmentfunctions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
David G. Johnston wrote:
> In hindsight I'm not surprised but couldn't find a ready explanation on the web and
> figured I'd inquire here.  In short: "export VAR" and "export -f functionname" behave
> differently when psql is acting as a relay.

It works for me on Linux with 9.6.3 psql:

laurenz:~> cat psql-call-bash
#!/usr/bin/env bash

echo "Enter"
echo "EnvVar: $TEST_ENVVAR"
echo "Invoking Function..."

testfunction

exit
laurenz:~> chmod 0700 psql-call-bash
laurenz:~> function testfunction() { echo "Function Test"; }
laurenz:~> export -f testfunction
laurenz:~> export TEST_ENVVAR='Test'
laurenz:~> psql
Border style is 2.