Re: Distributed database with PostgreSQL

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: Distributed database with PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 6/28/07, POLONKAI Gergely <polesz@w00d5t0ck.info> wrote:
hubert depesz lubaczewski írta:
Actually, it is not replication we need, as all the nodes are equal, so
there is no master server at all. I'm googling around now with these
keywords tho, but I think this is not we need...

if the nodes are equal it's not the case that there is no master, but rather - there are no slave nodes.
so it would look like a situation for multi-master replication.
unfortunately there is no such system yes for postgresql.there are some that do things alike to multi-master replication, but none of them is full multi-master replication system.
you can try your luck with pgpool/pgpool2 or sequoia.

depesz

--
http://www.depesz.com/ - nowy, lepszy depesz