Re: Distributed database with PostgreSQL

От POLONKAI Gergely
Тема Re: Distributed database with PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: Distributed database with PostgreSQL  ("hubert depesz lubaczewski" <depesz@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
hubert depesz lubaczewski írta:
> On 6/28/07, POLONKAI Gergely <polesz@w00d5t0ck.info> wrote:
>>
>> keywords), I ask here: is it possible to run one database on multiple
>> servers, so all the nodes would see the same data?
>>

> what you're asking is replication, and i belive that if you do a simple
> search on "postgresql replication" it will return a lot of results.
>
> basic choice for postgresql replication is slony, but there are other
> (both
> free and proprietary) options.
>
> depesz

Actually, it is not replication we need, as all the nodes are equal, so
there is no master server at all. I'm googling around now with these
keywords tho, but I think this is not we need...

От: "hubert depesz lubaczewski"
Сообщение: Re: Distributed database with PostgreSQL
От: Adam Radlowski
Сообщение: Re: Distributed database with PostgreSQL