Re: Beginner's Question: No pg_hba.conf entry for host...SSL Off

От Juan Miguel Paredes
Тема Re: Beginner's Question: No pg_hba.conf entry for host...SSL Off
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 9/26/06, Jeanna Geier <jgeier@apt-cafm.com> wrote:
> Hi and thanks so much for the replies!!
>
> I had perused that doc and google prior to posting and didn't have any luck;
> what I tried was the following:
>
> added:
> private static final String DB_SSL_STATUS = "true";
> &
> prop.setProperty("ssl", DB_SSL_STATUS);

> public class DatabaseConnection {
>     private static String DB_IP;
>
>     private static final String DB_PORT = "5432";
>     private static String DB_CATALOG = "apt";
>     private static final String DB_USER = "postgres";
>     private static final String DB_PASSWORD = "XXXX";
>     private static final String DB_SSL_STATUS = "true";
>
>     public static void initIPAddress(String address){
>         DB_IP = address;
>     }
>
>     public static void initCatalog(String catalog){
>         DB_CATALOG = catalog;
> public static Connection initialize() throws SQLException
>     {
>         final Connection connection;
>         Properties prop = new Properties();
>         String url;
>
>         try{
>             Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");
>
>             //url = "jdbc:postgresql://64.34.162.40:5432/apt";
>             url = "jdbc:postgresql://" + DB_IP + ":" + DB_PORT + "/" +
> DB_CATALOG;
>
>             //prop.setProperty("user","postgres");
>             //prop.setProperty("password", "XXXX");
>             //prop.setProperty("ssl", "true");
>             prop.setProperty("user", DB_USER);
>             prop.setProperty("password", DB_PASSWORD);
>             prop.setProperty("ssl", DB_SSL_STATUS);
>
>             connection = DriverManager.getConnection(url, prop);
>             connection.setTransactionIsolation(Connection.TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED);
>
>             if(connection == null){
>                 throw new Exception();
>             }
>
>             Thread maintainConn = new Thread(new Runnable(){
>                 public void run(){
>                     while(connection != null){
>                         try{
>                         maintainConnection(connection);
>                         //10 minutes
>                         Thread.sleep(600000);
>                         }
>                         catch(InterruptedException ie){}
>                    }
>                 }
>             });
>             maintainConn.setDaemon(true);
>             maintainConn.start();
>         }
>         catch(ClassNotFoundException cnf){
>             throw new SQLException(cnf.getMessage());
>         }
>         catch(Exception e){
>             throw new SQLException(e.getMessage());
>         }
>
>         return connection;
>     }
>

> However, when I do that, it's throwing an exception from: connection =
> DriverManager.getConnection(url, prop);
> and I'm getting an error message that says: "The connection attempt failed."
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Much thanks, as always.
> -Jeanna

Hi, Jeanna.

Maybe an stack-trace of your error, when trying the ssl connection
could be useful. Also, as noted in

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/80/ssl-client.html

perhaps other jdbc client configuration is missing or not available on
your environment.

Just guessing... maybe you could try importing your server's
certificate into client keystore or disabling SSL certificate
validation (probably you're using a self-signed certificate)

Сообщение: Re: pg_hba.conf: 'trust' vs. 'md5' Issues
Сообщение: Re: pg_hba.conf: 'trust' vs. 'md5' Issues