Re: pg_hba.conf: 'trust' vs. 'md5' Issues

От Jeanna Geier
Тема Re: pg_hba.conf: 'trust' vs. 'md5' Issues
Дата
Re: pg_hba.conf: 'trust' vs. 'md5' Issues  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Jeff-

Thanks so much for the reply.

Yes, I have ssl=true in postgresql.conf. (password encryption is commented
out - is that OK?: #password_encryption = true)

Also, yes, server.crt is in the 'data' directory of my postgres server, as
is server.key.

And, yes, when I am able to start Postgres (when using 'trust' in the
pg_hba.conf file vs. 'md5'), I do so the 'SSL connection' line:

    C:\msys\1.0\local\pgsql\bin>psql -d apt -U postgres

           \h for help with SQL commands
           \? for help with psql commands
           \q to quit

    SSL connection (cipher: DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA, bits: 256)

    Warning: Console code page (437) differs from Windows code page (1252)
             8-bit characters may not work correctly. See psql reference
             page "Notes for Windows users" for details.

    apt=#

It's only when I change the connection method to 'md5' that I'm running into
problems -- then I cannot connect from pgadmin or the command line.

Thanks,
-Jeanna