Re: pg_hba.conf: 'trust' vs. 'md5' Issues

От Jeff Frost
Тема Re: pg_hba.conf: 'trust' vs. 'md5' Issues
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006, Jeanna Geier wrote:

> Yes, I have ssl=true in postgresql.conf. (password encryption is commented
> out - is that OK?: #password_encryption = true)
>
> Also, yes, server.crt is in the 'data' directory of my postgres server, as is
> server.key.
>
> And, yes, when I am able to start Postgres (when using 'trust' in the
> pg_hba.conf file vs. 'md5'), I do so the 'SSL connection' line:
>
> It's only when I change the connection method to 'md5' that I'm running into
> problems -- then I cannot connect from pgadmin or the command line.

I just went through setting up SSL on the windows postgresql server and here
are two other things to check:

Did you restart the postgresql service after making the changes?  (I'm not
sure how to issue a reload with the windows version.)

Also, did you make sure that server.crt and server.key are accessible for read
by the account under which the postgresql service is running?

After verifying both of those, I got a working SSL connection under windows:

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\bin>psql -U postgres postgres
Password for user postgres:

        \h for help with SQL commands
        \? for help with psql commands
        \q to quit

SSL connection (cipher: DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA, bits: 256)

Warning: Console code page (437) differs from Windows code page (1252)
          8-bit characters may not work correctly. See psql reference
          page "Notes for Windows users" for details.

postgres=#

--
Jeff Frost, Owner       <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC   http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/