Re: pg_hba.conf: 'trust' vs. 'md5' Issues

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_hba.conf: 'trust' vs. 'md5' Issues
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Jeanna Geier" <jgeier@apt-cafm.com> writes:
> [ hostssl works with 'trust' but not 'md5' ]
> It's only when I change the connection method to 'md5' that I'm running into
> problems -- then I cannot connect from pgadmin or the command line.

I experimented with this using CVS HEAD, and found that SSL+md5 works
fine as long as I enter the correct password ... but if I give a wrong
password I get

$ psql -h localhost regression
Password:
psql: FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for host "127.0.0.1", user "tgl", database "regression", SSL off
$

which is at best pretty misleading :-(.  I think libpq is probably
mishandling the "bad password" error and concluding that it should fall
back to a non-SSL connection, which the server then rejects.  Will look
into it.

As for Jeanna's problem, I don't see any password prompt at all in her
example.  I've forgotten the details, but wasn't there a password
prompting problem with 8.0.x on Windows?

Сообщение: Re: pg_hba.conf: 'trust' vs. 'md5' Issues
Сообщение: Re: pg_hba.conf: 'trust' vs. 'md5' Issues