Re: [GENERAL] A bit confused about Postgres Plus

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [GENERAL] A bit confused about Postgres Plus
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 12:28 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Thomas Kellerer wrote:
>
>> as the Enterprise DB distribution ("One Click Installer") seems to be
>> the recommendation from the Postgres team for a binary download, I
>> wonder what the exact difference between Postgres and Postgres Plus
>> is.
>
> "Recommendation"?  I find this a worrying statement, and hereby request
> that the one-click installer is moved after the community supported
> packages where we have them (Windows and Linux), and that the source
> code link is moved upper in the main downloads page.

There are no community binaries on the Linux page - everything comes
from a third party website, and all packages are maintained by people
active in the community. Regarding support, the community itself has
always been distribution-agnostic as long as the build is unmodified
from standard.

Besides, it's pretty darn clear (in bold text in fact) from the
download page that you are recommended to use the distro-specific
packages where possible - the installers act as a catch-all for those
users that aren't sure what they want, which has been proven time and
time again to cause confusion, and often to make them go look at the
competition instead.

--
Dave Page

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: