Re: [GENERAL] A bit confused about Postgres Plus

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [GENERAL] A bit confused about Postgres Plus
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 12:48 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 12:28 PM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> > Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> >

> There are no community binaries on the Linux page - everything comes
> from a third party website, and all packages are maintained by people
> active in the community. Regarding support, the community itself has
> always been distribution-agnostic as long as the build is unmodified
> from standard.

Well that depends on the definition of community doesn't it? ;)

> Besides, it's pretty darn clear (in bold text in fact) from the
> download page that you are recommended to use the distro-specific
> packages where possible - the installers act as a catch-all for those
> users that aren't sure what they want, which has been proven time and
> time again to cause confusion, and often to make them go look at the
> competition instead.

Perception is reality, not the words on the page. If Postgres Plus is
what is listed first, .Org is saying use Postgres Plus.

It is what it is. People don't want to read they want to click. No
offense to Thomas... Its just the human condition, I do the same thing
with sites I am not familiar with.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--