Re: Forgot to dump old data before re-installing machine

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Forgot to dump old data before re-installing machine
Дата
Re: Forgot to dump old data before re-installing machine  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On 18/01/2008, Stefan Schwarzer <stefan.schwarzer@grid.unep.ch> wrote:
> Ok, it seems to be related to a Intel/PPC issue, as Martijn and Tom
> suggested.
>
> So, I copied all files to a PPC, but which runs Linux - don't know if
> this is important. Now, it tells me:
>
> "Fatal error: Incorrect checksum on control file"
>
> Any way out of this? Thanks for any advice.

That's the kind of error I'd expect to see if you try to start an
Intel data directory on PPC or vice-versa. You said earlier this was
data from your Intel Mac being reloaded on the same Intel Mac. If
thats the case, put the PPC away before you confuse yourself :-)

As for the real problem (on the same hardware), when you rebuilt
Postgres on your new machine did you change any of the configure
options that MacPorts would have used from what would have been used
previously (I assume they can be overridden)? I don't know if you'd
see exactly the same symptoms you have, but changing settings like
integer datetimes will break things in a similar way.

Regards, Dave