Re: Forgot to dump old data before re-installing machine

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Forgot to dump old data before re-installing machine
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Dave Page" <dpage@postgresql.org> writes:
> As for the real problem (on the same hardware), when you rebuilt
> Postgres on your new machine did you change any of the configure
> options that MacPorts would have used from what would have been used
> previously (I assume they can be overridden)?

There's not that much that can be overridden that would affect the
layout of pg_control.  The only other thing I can think of at the
moment is that moving from 32-bit to 64-bit time_t can screw things
up --- but that shouldn't affect the interpretation of the pg_control
version number, which as already noted certainly looks like it's the
wrong endianness.

Stefan, could you post the actual pg_control file as a binary
attachment?