Re: Forgot to dump old data before re-installing machine

От Stefan Schwarzer
Тема Re: Forgot to dump old data before re-installing machine
Дата
Re: Forgot to dump old data before re-installing machine  ("Dave Page" <dpage@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-general

>>> Did you just move from a PPC-based Mac to an Intel-based one?
>>> If so, you're out of luck --- you need to go back to the PPC
>>> to make a dump of those files.
>>>

>> No, I just re-installed my Intel Mac. First I just upgraded from
>> Tiger to Leopard (without getting my database to run; but I didn't
>> put much effort into it); and then I completely erased the disk and
>> installed Leopard from scratch.
>
> Hmmmm..... Can't be that I am standing now there having lost my
> data, no? Please, any faintest idea what I can try?

Ok, it seems to be related to a Intel/PPC issue, as Martijn and Tom
suggested.

So, I copied all files to a PPC, but which runs Linux - don't know if
this is important. Now, it tells me:

"Fatal error: Incorrect checksum on control file"

Any way out of this? Thanks for any advice.

Stef