Re: review: psql: edit function, show function commands patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: review: psql: edit function, show function commands patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> attached updated \sf implementation. It is little bit simplyfied with
> support a pager and output forwarding. Formating was updated per Tom's
> request.

Applied with corrections --- mostly, fixing it to not trash the query
buffer, which would certainly not be expected behavior for such a
command.

Also, as previously mentioned, I took out the line number argument,
which seemed to me to have little if any use-case while substantially
complicating the code.  (It's not so much that it cost a lot in the
patch as submitted, it's that it *would* cost a lot if you were
honoring it in the pager calculation...)

One other thing: I took a look at the pg_get_functiondef() code and
realized that in fact it does NOT guarantee that the function body
will start with "AS $function...".  In languages with a nonnull
probin field, that's not what the line will look like.  I think though
that looking for just "AS " at the start of the line is sufficient
for our purposes here.  I will go change the \ef and \sf code for
that.