Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Recognize functional dependency on primary keys.

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Recognize functional dependency on primary keys.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> No doubt, but the TODO entry you removed is still 100% accurately
> >> worded, and what's more the archive entry it links to clearly describes
> >> exactly the point at issue, namely that grouping by a PK *isn't*
> >> indeterminate.  You were wrong to remove it.
>
> > OK, I put it back, but I still feel we might not need it anymore.
>
> Even if you're willing to believe that the questions will stop once
> we have this feature, that won't happen for more than a year.

OK, I updated the TODO text with:
PostgreSQL 9.1 will allow result columns that are not referenced byGROUP BY if a primary key for the same table is
referencedin GROUP BY.

Hopefully we can reevaluate this for 9.2.  This is an unusual case
because it is a not-wanted TODO entry (which always come across as
harsh), and we didn't complete it (so we can't mark it as done).

http://enterprisedb.com