Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Recognize functional dependency on primary keys.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Recognize functional dependency on primary keys.
Дата
Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Recognize functional dependency on primary keys.  (Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> No doubt, but the TODO entry you removed is still 100% accurately
>> worded, and what's more the archive entry it links to clearly describes
>> exactly the point at issue, namely that grouping by a PK *isn't*
>> indeterminate.  You were wrong to remove it.

> OK, I put it back, but I still feel we might not need it anymore.

Even if you're willing to believe that the questions will stop once
we have this feature, that won't happen for more than a year.