Re: Fix typos

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Fix typos
Дата
Re: Fix typos  (Sehrope Sarkuni <sehrope@jackdb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 08:24:17AM -0400, Sehrope Sarkuni wrote:
>> Attached fixes some typos for "serialise" => "serialize" and "materialise"
>> => "materialize".

> These don't seem to be typos:
> https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/materialise
> https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/serialise

It's British vs. American spelling.  For the most part, Postgres
follows American spelling, but there's the odd Briticism here and
there.  I'm not sure whether it's worth trying to standardize.
I think the most recent opinion on this was Munro's:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA+hUKGJz-pdMgWXroiwvN-aeG4-AjdWj3gWdQKOSa8g65spdVw@mail.gmail.com