Re: The unused_oids script should have a reminder to use the 8000-8999 OID range

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: The unused_oids script should have a reminder to use the 8000-8999 OID range
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
> Is it within the discretion of committers to not use the reserved
> range? It seems preferable for everybody to consistently use the
> reserved OID range.

I think it's up to the committer in the end.  But if someone submits
a patch using high OIDs, I for one would not change that (unless it
had a collision through bad luck).

I agree that adjusting the unused_oids script would be an appropriate
thing to do now.