Re: Fix typos

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Fix typos
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Aug-01, Tom Lane wrote:

> It's British vs. American spelling.  For the most part, Postgres
> follows American spelling, but there's the odd Briticism here and
> there.  I'm not sure whether it's worth trying to standardize.
> I think the most recent opinion on this was Munro's:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA+hUKGJz-pdMgWXroiwvN-aeG4-AjdWj3gWdQKOSa8g65spdVw@mail.gmail.com

I think slight variations don't really detract from the value of the
product, and consider the odd variation a reminder of the diversity of
the project.  I don't suggest that we purposefully introduce spelling
variations, or that we refrain from fixing ones that appear in code
we're changing, but I don't see the point in changing a line for the
sole reason of standardising the spelling of a word.

That said, I'm not a native English speaker.