Re: BUG #17485: Records missing from Primary Key index when doing REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY

От Andrey Borodin
Тема Re: BUG #17485: Records missing from Primary Key index when doing REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

> On 26 May 2022, at 08:39, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>
> On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 11:17:33PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> *  Caused by CREATE/REINDEX CONCURRENTLY
>
> Yes.
>
>> *  No way to detect which indexes were created concurrently
>> *  amcheck will be required to find corrupt indexes (options?)
>
> amcheck would help for btree, not the other AMs.  I am not sure but
> there could be other symptoms that may not be detected by amcheck?

Noah invented a neat way to do check in pre-heapallindexed versions [0]. I think we can make GiST and some others AMs
bechecked this way.

BTW, patches for GiST and GIN verification are circulating in pgsql-hackers. Would anyone be interested in reviewing?
Ifso - I'll add heapallindexed to GiST verification.
Last GIN version by Heikki was in a good condition, though without heapallindexed AFAIK. [1] [2]

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

[0] https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/REL_11_STABLE/src/bin/pgbench/t/022_cic.pl#L28-L40
[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/a5bc2aad-464b-91bd-061d-28af0f9b634c%40iki.fi#222ef3f6cbdd6f86172b38ff7663e6a3