Re: BUG #17495: Regression in 15beta1 when filtering subquery including row_number window function

От Richard Guo
Тема Re: BUG #17495: Regression in 15beta1 when filtering subquery including row_number window function
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

On Thu, May 26, 2022 at 12:13 PM Richard Guo <guofenglinux@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, May 26, 2022 at 11:47 AM David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
The problem is that the qual pushdown stuff all happens in
set_subquery_pathlist() before we call subquery_planner() for the
subquery.  We don't yet have a PlannerInfo made for the subquery when
we call check_and_push_window_quals().  We don't really have any other
means to communicate to subquery_planner() what the run conditions are
for the given Query object. Plus, we *do* really need to know what the
runConditions are before we call subquery_planner() so that those
conditions can be properly tagged onto WindowAggPaths. I don't really
think it would be right to pluck those from the PlannerInfo when we
later call create_plan(). That wouldn't leave us any opportunity to do
any costing related stuff with run conditions if we decide to do that
later.

The remove_unused_subquery_outputs() also happens before we call
subquery_planner() for the subquery. Cann't we just store the attnos
used in window quals that are pushed down to runConditions in the
PlannerInfo of the upper query?

Ah, your point is to move runConditions also out of WindowClause and
store them in PlannerInfo, right? That's indeed not an easy job.

Thanks
Richard