Re: BUG #17485: Records missing from Primary Key index when doing REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #17485: Records missing from Primary Key index when doing REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY
Дата
Re: BUG #17485: Records missing from Primary Key index when doing REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 11:17:33PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> *  Caused by CREATE/REINDEX CONCURRENTLY

Yes.

> *  No way to detect which indexes were created concurrently
> *  amcheck will be required to find corrupt indexes (options?)

amcheck would help for btree, not the other AMs.  I am not sure but
there could be other symptoms that may not be detected by amcheck?

> *  Heap is fine, only index is corrupt

Yes.

> *  Bug since PG 14

14.0, yes.

> *  Not known why reports are only appearing now
> *  Feature will likely need to be removed rather than fixed

Trends go in this direction.  It does not seem like there is a
complete conclusion on this point, either.
--
Michael

Вложения