Re: BUG #17485: Records missing from Primary Key index when doing REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: BUG #17485: Records missing from Primary Key index when doing REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, May 26, 2022 at 12:39:20PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 11:17:33PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > *  Caused by CREATE/REINDEX CONCURRENTLY
>
> Yes.
>
> > *  No way to detect which indexes were created concurrently
> > *  amcheck will be required to find corrupt indexes (options?)
>
> amcheck would help for btree, not the other AMs.  I am not sure but
> there could be other symptoms that may not be detected by amcheck?
>
> > *  Heap is fine, only index is corrupt
>
> Yes.
>
> > *  Bug since PG 14
>
> 14.0, yes.
>
> > *  Not known why reports are only appearing now
> > *  Feature will likely need to be removed rather than fixed
>
> Trends go in this direction.  It does not seem like there is a
> complete conclusion on this point, either.

Uh, if people don't know if they have used CREATE/REINDEX CONCURRENTLY
in PG 14.0+, they are going to need to run amcheck on all btree indexes
and reindex all non-btree indexes?  That is going to be a painful
message to deliver, and hear.  :-(

  Indecision is a decision.  Inaction is an action.  Mark Batterson