Re: Start problem on Linux

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Start problem on Linux
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
David <lists@theflorys.org> writes:
> First: When I restart the Ubuntu server, the Postgres instance is
> started and listens on port 5432 using ssl as requested.  However, it
> does not created its postmaster.pid file in the PGDATA directory.

The postmaster will certainly not start without creating a
postmaster.pid file.  What I think is happening is that you are confused
about where PGDATA is, ie, the start script has some other value for it
than you think.

> Second: If I manually stop the system and then start it (su postgres)
> using "pg_ctl start" the system starts and creates its postmaster.pid
> file correctly.  However, this time port 5432 remains closed and I
> cannot connect from the outside.

Sounds like your idea of PGDATA contains different configuration files
than the start script's idea of it --- after the port number,
listen_addresses and pg_hba.conf would be the things to check.