Re: replicating postgresql database to ms-sql database

От Ben Kim
Тема Re: replicating postgresql database to ms-sql database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
  On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 10:48:48AM -0700, Mary Anderson wrote:
>    I have been asked if it is possible to asynchronously replicate a
> postgresql database to ms-sql.  My answer is yes, provided postgresql
> ORM features aren't used in the design of the database.  One does an
> ascii dump of the tables and then bulk loads them into MSSQL.  The
> database in question will be about 10G.  Is there a sane way to do this?

As a pull option, it's also possible to use MS SQL's DTS tasks. You can
define complex import tasks and (I believe) run the task regularly using
the windows scheduler.

Massaging can be done by custom conversion scripts, in perl or vb, within
the task definition.

My 2 cents.

Regards,

Ben K.