Re: [EXT EMAIL] Re: First Time Starting Up PostgreSQL and Having Problems

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [EXT EMAIL] Re: First Time Starting Up PostgreSQL and Having Problems
Дата
RE: [EXT EMAIL] Re: First Time Starting Up PostgreSQL and HavingProblems  (Kevin Brannen <KBrannen@efji.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Brent Bates <BBates@langleyfcu.org> writes:
>      I found the problem.  I cleared everything out and started from scratch, then slowly added my changes back to
theconfiguration files.  The problem was in the postgresql.conf.  At the bottom of the file I had uncommented all the
‘include’lines, so they looked like this:
>         include_dir = ''                        # include files ending in '.conf' from
>                                         # a directory, e.g., 'conf.d'
>         include_if_exists = ''          # include file only if it exists
>         include = ''                    # include file

> The first one is what caused all the headaches.  I recommented out these lines and everything works now.  Thanks for
allthe quick suggestions.

Ah-hah!  I wonder if we should disallow empty values for these GUCs?
And/or put in some kind of test for recursive opening of the same
config file?  I don't think it'd occurred to anyone that it's this
easy to get the code to try to do that.

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Problem with row-level lock
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Inserts restricted to a trigger