Re: [EXT EMAIL] Re: First Time Starting Up PostgreSQL and HavingProblems

От Ian Barwick
Тема Re: [EXT EMAIL] Re: First Time Starting Up PostgreSQL and HavingProblems
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6/20/19 11:55 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Brent Bates <BBates@langleyfcu.org> writes:
>>       I found the problem.  I cleared everything out and started from scratch, then slowly added my changes back to
theconfiguration files.  The problem was in the postgresql.conf.  At the bottom of the file I had uncommented all the
‘include’lines, so they looked like this:

>>          include_dir = ''                        # include files ending in '.conf' from
>>                                          # a directory, e.g., 'conf.d'
>>          include_if_exists = ''          # include file only if it exists
>>          include = ''                    # include file
>
>> The first one is what caused all the headaches.  I recommented out these lines and everything works now.  Thanks for
allthe quick suggestions.

> Ah-hah!  I wonder if we should disallow empty values for these GUCs?
> And/or put in some kind of test for recursive opening of the same
> config file?  I don't think it'd occurred to anyone that it's this
> easy to get the code to try to do that.

Funnily enough I was looking at that code the other day for totally other
reasons and vaguely wondered if there was any potential for circular
inclusions and the like. There's a check for nesting depth, but I'm not
sure what else. I could take a look in the next few days if no-one else
wants to.

Regards

Ian Barwick

--
  Ian Barwick                   https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Сообщение: Re: Row data is reflected in DETAIL message when constraints fail oninsert/update
Сообщение: Re: Row data is reflected in DETAIL message when constraints fail on insert/update