RE: [EXT EMAIL] Re: First Time Starting Up PostgreSQL and HavingProblems

От Brent Bates
Тема RE: [EXT EMAIL] Re: First Time Starting Up PostgreSQL and HavingProblems
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I found the problem.  I cleared everything out and started from scratch, then slowly added my changes back to the
configurationfiles.  The problem was in the postgresql.conf.  At the bottom of the file I had uncommented all the
‘include’lines, so they looked like this:

        include_dir = ''                        # include files ending in '.conf' from
                                        # a directory, e.g., 'conf.d'
        include_if_exists = ''          # include file only if it exists
        include = ''                    # include file

The first one is what caused all the headaches.  I recommented out these lines and everything works now.  Thanks for
allthe quick suggestions.

Brent L. Bates - UNIX System Administrator - Langley Federal Credit Union
Phone: (757) 848-5443, Mobile: (757) 419-0295

COMMUNICATION CONFIDENTIALITY: All information in this communication, including attachments, is strictly confidential
andintended solely for delivery to and authorized use by the addressee(s) identified above, and may contain privileged,
confidential,proprietary and/or secret information entitled to protection and/or exempt from disclosure under
applicablelaw. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy or delete this communication and any/all attached
documentsas the possession, distribution and/or copying of this communication is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If
youhave received this communication in error, please remove it in its entirety from your computer and notify the
sender.