Re: Clean up build warnings of plperl with clang-12+

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Clean up build warnings of plperl with clang-12+
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/11/21 13:18, Tom Lane wrote:
> Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> writes:
>> Backpatched this one as of 9ff47ea.  That should allow the addition of
>> -Werror on dangomushi.
> I see you tried to do that by adding -Werror to CPPFLAGS.  That doesn't
> work because it breaks configure's tests.  (I wonder if meson is any
> smarter than autoconf about that.)  The way I do it on my own
> animals is like
>
> if ($branch eq 'HEAD' or $branch ge 'REL9_3')
> {
>         # Add -Werror so we get errors for warning conditions.
>         # Pre-9.3 PG doesn't compile cleanly with Sierra's cc.
>         # Can't put this in CFLAGS because it breaks configure,
>         # so use COPT instead.
>         $conf{build_env}{COPT} = "-Werror";
> }
>
> Guess I could drop the branch check now.

Wouldn't it be better in any case just to add the clang fix for building
plperl rather than globally?

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Test::More version
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: .ready and .done files considered harmful