Test::More version

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Test::More version
Дата
Re: Test::More version  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
perldoc Test::More says:

        Key feature milestones include:

        subtests
            Subtests were released in Test::More 0.94, which came with Perl
            5.12.0. Subtests did not implicitly call "done_testing()" until
            0.96; the first Perl with that fix was Perl 5.14.0 with 0.98.

        "done_testing()"
            This was released in Test::More 0.88 and first shipped with Perl in
            5.10.1 as part of Test::More 0.92.

We actually test for a version >= 0.87 both in PostgreSQL::Test::Utils
and in configure.ac. That seems wrong, since we need done_testing().
But I'd really like it if we could shift the goalposts a bit and require
0.96. subtests would be really nice to have available. Unfortunately I
don't have any idea what versions of Test::More are actually in use.
Perhaps we could add a line to one of the TAP tests that would spit out
the version on the log?

cheers

andrew

--