C-Extenions for PostgreSQL, Call Convention Version 0

От Harald Armin Massa
Тема C-Extenions for PostgreSQL, Call Convention Version 0
Дата
Re: C-Extenions for PostgreSQL, Call Convention Version 0  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I am researching information about writing C-language-Functions for
PostgreSQL.  I came accross the slides of an OSCON 2004 tutorial of
Joe Conway
http://www.joeconway.com/tut_oscon_2004.pdf

where he states:
Version 0 Calling Convention
• Deprecated
• Has been since the 7.1 release.
• Don't use it.

Within the PostgreSQL-Documentation for 8.2,
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/xfunc-c.html, still I
find:

"""Using call conventions version 0, we can define c_overpaid as:"""

That sound very tutorial-like; and so $I wonder: is those version 0
depreciated? Or ist there still value in learning it?

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare