Re: Can't make backup

От Erik Jones
Тема Re: Can't make backup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jan 3, 2008, at 5:59 AM, Sebastián Baioni wrote:

> I don't have any table called pg_locks in pg_catalog.
> We let running pg_dump 8.2.5 at 1:30 AM after an automatic reboot
> of the PostgreSQL service and it didn't finish. When I came to the
> office at 9:00 there were a lot of locks, but all of them were from
> the pg_dump conection.

The pg_locks view most certainly exists.  Here's the list of all of
the system catalog tables and view:  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/
8.2/interactive/catalogs.html.  If you haven't looked at pg_locks how
do you know "there were a lot of locks"?

Erik Jones

DBA | Emma®
erik@myemma.com
800.595.4401 or 615.292.5888