Re: C-Extenions for PostgreSQL, Call Convention Version 0

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: C-Extenions for PostgreSQL, Call Convention Version 0
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Harald Armin Massa" <haraldarminmassa@gmail.com> writes:
> Within the PostgreSQL-Documentation for 8.2,
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/xfunc-c.html, still I
> find:

> """Using call conventions version 0, we can define c_overpaid as:"""

> That sound very tutorial-like; and so $I wonder: is those version 0
> depreciated? Or ist there still value in learning it?

That's just for teaching purposes.  As it says further up the page:

: We present the "old style" calling convention first � although this
: approach is now deprecated, it's easier to get a handle on initially.

The examples are given in both styles so that you can get the point of
what's happening before you deal with the notational overhead of version
1.  For any sort of production programming I'd definitely recommend
using version 1, though.