Re: Psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory

От robert
Тема Re: Psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

when you install PostgreSQL the installation copies all its binaries to their respective places and tries to start the server  afterwards.

This of course fails as the needed ports are already used by the running old PostgreSQL server.

So you end up with a mixture of new and old.

No idea whether it will be enough to stop the running PostgreSQL and the just restart the PostgreSQL service ..

robert