Psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory

От SAMMY CRISWELL
Тема Psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
Дата
RE: Psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory  (ALEXANDER JOSE <aangelj@hotmail.com>)
Re: Psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory  (robert <robert@redo2oo.ch>)
Список pgsql-admin

Good morning,

I am preparing to upgrade my pqsl server from 9.3.5 to 9.6.12. I have installed the 9.6 rpm onto the server that has 9.3.5 running. Postgres is still running 9.3.5 on that server, but when I try to run psql I get the following message.

“psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory

        connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?”

The database is still running and working I just can’t use any of the client commands like psql, pg_dump….

And there is no "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432" file.

Can someone help with this problem.

Sam Criswell | Senior Systems Engineer I

Infrastructure Engineering
Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS)

CityLine Phone: +1 972.664.8870
Raytheon Company

1737 East Cityline Drive | Richardson, TX 75082 USA

Upcoming PTO: