Re: PostgreSQL Dump rate is too slow

От Scott Ribe
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Dump rate is too slow
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Jan 8, 2015, at 4:14 AM, Robert Burgholzer <rburghol@vt.edu> wrote:

> To elaborate, I have found the rsync used in my (most?) streaming replication setups is 10x or more faster than
pg_dump. If your job specs required a pg_dump output file it would be fairly simple to do the following (moree or
less):
> 1. setup a replicant (even on the same machine but different drive if you wanted)
> 2. make sure the replicant is off
> 3. rsync the data dir to the replicant
> 4. turn on the replicant
> 5. execute pg_dump on the replicant
>
> regards,
> /r/b

Don't forget to rsync between pg_start_backup & pg_stop_backup.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com

От: "ktm@rice.edu"
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Dump rate is too slow
От: Kevin Grittner
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Dump rate is too slow