Re: PostgreSQL Dump rate is too slow

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Dump rate is too slow
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 01/15/2015 09:21 AM, girish R G peetle wrote:
> Hi all,
> We tried pg_dump with compression level set to zero on 1TB database.
> Dump data rate started with 250GB/hr and gradually dropped to 30 GB/hr
> with 2 hours time span. We might see this behavior on standby server
> too, which will be undesirable.
>
> Any explanation on why we see this behavior ?

Because you have a long running transaction that is causing bloat to
pile up. Using pg_dump on a production database that size is a
non-starter. You need a warm/hot standby or snapshot to do this properly.

JD
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, @cmdpromptinc
"If we send our children to Caesar for their education, we should
              not be surprised when they come back as Romans."

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Dump rate is too slow
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Dump rate is too slow