Re: PostgreSQL Dump rate is too slow

От girish R G peetle
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Dump rate is too slow
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks Scott, Joshua. Got it.

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 11:43 PM, Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com> wrote:
On Jan 15, 2015, at 10:57 AM, girish R G peetle <giri.anamika0@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Joshua. Even if we have a long transaction running on the database, pg_dump shouldn't be affected right ? As it doesn't block readers or writers.
> Before getting resources to setup stand by server, I just wanna make sure that we don't this issue on stand by too.

I believe he meant that pg_dump itself is the long-running transaction. Even though read-only transactions block neither readers nor writers, they still prevent cleanup of blocks because they have to be able to see the state of the db as of the beginning of the transaction.

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Dump rate is too slow
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Dump rate is too slow