Re: [HACKERS] update_pg_pwd

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] update_pg_pwd
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] update_pg_pwd  (Peter Eisentraut <e99re41@DoCS.UU.SE>)
Список pgsql-hackers
wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck) writes:
>     actually  the  opr_sanity  regression  test complains about a
>     proc update_pg_pwd(). It has a return type of Opaque  and  is
>     declared  as void return type in commands/user.c. It seems to
>     be nowhere directly called,  nor  does  it  appear  to  be  a
>     trigger function.

It is a trigger function for pg_shadow updates, see PATCHES message
from a day or two back.

>     I  wonder  if  it is properly defined. Shouldn't it return at
>     least a valid type to be callable via SQL?

opr_sanity is complaining because the declared return type is 0.
I am not very happy about taking out opr_sanity's check on return types;
perhaps I should lobby to have Opaque-valued trigger functions be
declared with an actually valid return-type OID.  What do you think?