Re: [HACKERS] update_pg_pwd

От wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] update_pg_pwd
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> It is a trigger function for pg_shadow updates, see PATCHES message
> from a day or two back.
>
> >     I  wonder  if  it is properly defined. Shouldn't it return at
> >     least a valid type to be callable via SQL?
>
> opr_sanity is complaining because the declared return type is 0.
> I am not very happy about taking out opr_sanity's check on return types;
> perhaps I should lobby to have Opaque-valued trigger functions be
> declared with an actually valid return-type OID.  What do you think?

    Trigger  functions  should  allways  return  at  least a NULL
    pointer of type HeapTuple, not be declared void. From this  I
    assume it's an AFTER ROW trigger,

    There  are already some exceptions coded into the test. These
    are PL handlers. Since their real return value is  HeapTuple,
    you  would  have  to  make  this  defined  special  type  not
    selectable in another way. So why do you want?

Jan