RE: [HACKERS] LONG

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема RE: [HACKERS] LONG
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Unfortunately I couldn't follow this issue correctly.
Is the format of long value relation different from Jan's original now ?
- At    CREATE   TABLE,   a   long   value   relation   named     "_LONG<tablename>" is created for those tables who
needit.     And of course dropped and truncated appropriate. The schema     of this table is

         rowid       Oid,          -- oid of our main data row         rowattno    int2,         -- the attribute
numberin main data         chunk_seq   int4,         -- the part number of this data chunk         chunk       text
    -- the content of this data chunk

I thought that there's an unique index (rowid,rowattno,chunk_seq).
Seems we could even update partially(specified chunk_seq only)
without problem.

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp