Re: full data disk -- any chance of recovery

От Gregory S. Williamson
Тема Re: full data disk -- any chance of recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Ah well, figures. If only ops had listened to me, we'd be on 8.1 right now.

Thanks anyway, as always, for the sage advice.

-----Original Message-----
From:    Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent:    Mon 1/2/2006 2:11 PM
To:    Gregory S. Williamson
Cc:    Jeff Frost; pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject:    Re: [ADMIN] full data disk -- any chance of recovery
"Gregory S. Williamson" <gsw@globexplorer.com> writes:
> I'll check into the temp files and the like in a bit -- the output from version() says:
>  PostgreSQL 7.4 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.2.2 (Mandrake Linux 9.1 3.2.2-3mdk)
> (1 row)

> so I am not sure if this 7.4.2 --

If it were 7.4.2 it would say so.  You are in desperate need of an
update, as there are half a dozen known data-loss issues that are
corrected in the 7.4.x update series.  The one that I now think bit
you is just one of them.

            regards, tom lane

!DSPAM:43b9a4cb122511222944467!

Сообщение: Re: Emergency - Need assistance
Сообщение: Re: Emergency - Need assistance