Re: Emergency - Need assistance

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Emergency - Need assistance
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
warren little <warren.little@meridiascapital.com> writes:
> The dump/restore failed even with the zero_damaged_pages=true.
> The the logfile (postgresql-2006-01-02_130023.log)
> did not have much in the way of useful info. I've attached the section
> of the logfile around the time of the crash.  I cannot find any sign of
> a core file.  Where might the core dump have landed?

It would typically go into $PGDATA (if you're using 8.1) or some
subdirectory thereof (if you're using an older release).  There are
some platforms such as OS X that put core files in a special directory
/core so check for that too.

If you're not finding any corefile then the most likely bet is that the
postmaster has been launched under "ulimit -c 0" which forbids dropping
a corefile.  (This seems to be the default environment under many
Linuxen.)  I'd suggest adding "ulimit -c unlimited" to the postmaster
start script you're using, restarting the postmaster, and repeating the
dump to cause the crash again.

Сообщение: Re: full data disk -- any chance of recovery
Сообщение: Re: full data disk -- any chance of recovery