wrong link in acronyms.sgml

От Erik Rijkers
Тема wrong link in acronyms.sgml
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

I just noticed that in

   https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/acronyms.html
     (i.e., doc/src/sgml/acronyms.sgml)

there is under lemma 'HOT' a link with URL:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob;f=src/backend/access/heap/README.HOT;hb=HEAD

Is this deliberate? Surely pointing 13-docs into HEAD-docs is wrong?

I see no good alternative place to point it too than:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob;f=src/backend/access/heap/README.HOT;h=68c6709aa885d39f4a77c85b6c9a7c937c1a1518;hb=refs/heads/REL_13_STABLE

I made a patch to point there.

But such links with a hash are probably not maintainable; I don't know
if a URL can be forged without the hash? Probably not.

Otherwise it may be better to remove the link altogether and just have
the acronym lemma: 'HOT' and explanation 'Heap-Only Tuple'.

Erik Rijkers

Вложения