Re: Drupal and postgreSQL

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: Drupal and postgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jan 14, 2006, at 2:46 PM, brew@theMode.com wrote:

> I'm probably going to connect Drupal to mysql and play some more.
> If we
> end up using it I'm leaning toward converting the ecommerce module
> table
> definition file from mysql to postgreSQL, I'll cross that bridge
> when we
> come to it.
>
> In the meantime...... can anybody around here shed any light on
> using the
> Drupal ecommerce module with postgreSQL?

I have used parts of the module (primarily the address management)
and I did not find it difficult to port for PostgreSQL. It appears
redoing the table definitions for PostgreSQL is the primary task.
This should not be too difficult, and there are some automated tools
which might be helpful:

http://sqlfairy.sourceforge.net/
http://software.newsforge.com/software/05/12/15/1611251.shtml

John DeSoi, Ph.D.