Re: Drupal and postgreSQL

От brew@theMode.com
Тема Re: Drupal and postgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 14 Jan 2006, John DeSoi wrote:

> > In the meantime...... can anybody around here shed any light on using
> > the Drupal ecommerce module with postgreSQL?
>
> I have used parts of the module (primarily the address management)  and
> I did not find it difficult to port for PostgreSQL. It appears redoing
> the table definitions for PostgreSQL is the primary task.  This should
> not be too difficult, and there are some automated tools which might be
> helpful:
>
> http://sqlfairy.sourceforge.net/
> http://software.newsforge.com/software/05/12/15/1611251.shtml

That does seem to be the case, but since we are just playing with it to
evaluate whether we actually want to use it, I switched to running it with
mysql.  I'm afraid of the time I might put in making changes.

Drupal does seem well thought out.  There is a database function
definition page which is called in depending on whether you are running
mysql or postgreSQL.

The basic drupal (version 4.6.5) was running on PostgreSQL satisfactorily,
it's only some of the extra modules that don't have a table definition
file for postgreSQL, they only have the table definitions for mysql.

If we end up using drupal I'll run it on postgreSQL and also establish
communication with Adrian Rossouw, the Maintainer for the Postgres Port of
drupal.

Thanks, John

brew

                  Strange Brew   (brew@theMode.com)