Re: How to use parameters in stored procedures?

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: How to use parameters in stored procedures?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 09:53:29AM -0800, Cyphos wrote:
> I get an error that the column myLocationID doesn't exist. I'm sure
> it's something simple, but I can't figure it out.

Not all procedural languages support named arguments.  Apparently
SQL functions don't, so use $1, $2, etc.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/xfunc-sql.html

> Also too, why do I have to quote columns and tables?

You don't have to...unless you created them that way.  See the
discussion of quoted identifiers in the documentation and in the
FAQ:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/sql-syntax.html#SQL-SYNTAX-IDENTIFIERS
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ.html#item4.21

--