Re: problems with upgrade from 8.0.3 to 8.0.4, Windows

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: problems with upgrade from 8.0.3 to 8.0.4, Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Hello.
> I downloaded 8.0.4 Windows installer and wanted to update my
> previos 8.0.3 installation, by using upgrade.bat.
> Unfortunately I was not able to do it. Just before the end of
> installation an error apears "Service 'PostgreSQL Database
> Server 8.0' (pgsql-8.0) could not be installed. Verify that
> you have sufficient privileges to install system services." I
> am logged to Windows XP as administrator...
> What could be the reason and solution ?

This is a known problem, that we don't really know why it happens. The workaround is to uninstall the old verison, and
thenreinstlal the new one in the same directory (note! your data is not removed on uninstall).

I've added this to the FAQ, will appears on the website in a couple of hours.

//Magnus