Re: Considering an upgrade...

От Vivek Khera
Тема Re: Considering an upgrade...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Oct 11, 2005, at 3:07 PM, Florian G. Pflug wrote:

> On the whole, the update as quite easy ride, but I'd still
> recommend you to test all aspects
> of your software after the migration, since 8.0 isn't bug-for-bug
> compatible with 7.4

I'll second this.  One thing we found out too, was we also upgrade
DBD::Pg which introduced some incompatibilities with respect to
placeholders.  They are now always treated as strings unless
otherwise specified, and that doesn't always work with Pg 8.0.

Our specific case was a query that did something like this:

   CURRENT_DATE - ?

if the parameter  is substituted as '3' it fails, but just plain 3
works.  So watch for things like this too.